<! – ->
The waist is a complex structure made up of bones, muscles, nerves and joints. That's why it's so hard to know what your back pain is.
In most cases, back pain is not caused by a serious injury, fracture, injury or nerve damage. The back pain may be caused by daily activities at home, school or work where it gradually develops.
The causes of back pain may include:
• Bend too much back
• Lifting or loading heavy items
• Drive or sit in the car for too long without taking a break
• Too much pulling or bending
• Excessive muscles, such as sports or repetitive movement.
The back pain sometimes comes on suddenly, for no reason at all. For example, when you wake up, you feel your back pain.
Who is at risk for back pain?
The following factors may contribute to your increased risk of back pain:
Obesity: Being overweight can put extra burden on your spine
Smoking: This is because it can damage the tissue in the back
Weight: Increasing body weight due to pregnancy also puts pressure on the back
Long-term use of the drug also weakens bones
• Depression or stress (Source: Health.com.kh). (Edited by: Bopha)