Photograph: Pha Lina / Phnom Penh Post Phnom Penh Fire Police call on parents and guardians to stop using children under 13 Might cause fire after a fire broke out last week in Phnom Penh Six boys and girls There are dead and wounded.
“The use of children under the age of 13,” said Prum Yorn, director of the Phnom Penh Fire Protection and Prevention Office, said last week. To help cook or transfer the gas from the container to the bottle or from the bottle into the machinery, something can be dangerous The fire occurred causing serious damage to property and property These young people's lives, families and communities.
A tragic incident last week near Depot Market in Sangkat Phsar Depot II, Toul Kork, Phnom Penh, triggered an accident, he said. One woman, 71-year-old Yorn Srip, died and five members of her family, including Bun Saron, 41, were the sons of the son and Suzuki. 37 years old Pho, Lida Lida, 12, and her granddaughter, 8-year-old Phun Lika, and her 65-year-old wife, Kiet Lang Was seriously injured. The goods and other belongings were burned to the ground.
"The fire was caused by a girl under the age of 13 reaching for a bottle of gasoline," he said. The motorcycle then slipped its foot, spilled gasoline to the ground, and slammed into the ignition of the engine causing fire damage. A house fire killed a 71-year-old woman and injured five, including a neck 8-year-old man.
The above incident has put the number of victims of fire as of March 26, 2020 The death toll rose to six while the wounded rose to 31. According to data obtained by the Post from the National Police headquarters's fire prevention and control department last weekend.
The same report shows that in Phnom Penh, the highest number of fatalities and injuries was two fatalities and two injuries Then Pailin, Siem Reap, Prey Veng and Kampong Cham. Kampong Chhnang remained the "model" province, with no fire incidents earlier this year as of March 26. .
41% of fire-borne injuries were caused by fire, 39% and 20% were Don't know why.
The report said: "5,529 gas and gas stations nationwide are vulnerable targets from The highest number of fires in Phnom Penh is 595 locations.
In this regard, Yoon called on parents and guardians in each family to refrain from using children under 13 Year to help do any fire-prone work and suggest more fire alarms by extinguishing candles Incense and turn off the power supply Before leaving the house.
Khieu Sitha, 53, a farmer living in Tbaung Khmum commune, Tbong Khmum province, told the Post that a few years ago the family She suffered a house fire in June 2018, when she lost her three children.
“In the afternoon, my husband and I went to the farm, leaving three children aged 8 to 8 12 years to stay home.
Before leaving, I told my oldest daughter to get some food in advance. But when she lit a candle, the oil spilled from the bottle, causing the kitchen to spill into the main house.
She was lucky enough to get her kids out of the house on time. ”
She added: "It is not good for us as parents to use small children to grow such vegetables. My family's experience is enough for all citizens to consider and stop using small children to do these things.