Phnom Penh: The director of the Fire Prevention and Extinguishing Office of the Phnom Penh Municipal Police, Mr. Prohm Yorn, told the Post on August 9 that specialized officers have been instructing People who sell gas at various places gradually. This instruction was made after the Capital Governor, Mr. Khuong Sreng, told the specialized department to introduce or eliminate all the illegal technical gas stations. .
Mr. Prohm Yorn stated that if it is found that someone does not have the right law, the authorities will close his location. Safe for them.
Phnom Penh Governor Khuong Sreng on August 6 instructed the specialized department to introduce or eliminate non-standard anarchic gas outlets. Correct in the geography of Phnom Penh to reduce the risk of harm to the people by any means.
"We are meeting to decide what we need to do to get the job done smoothly and they are aware, enthusiastic and involved," Yorn said. We are just for safety measures for them. ”
Chamkarmon district governor Theng Sothol told the Post on Sunday that he had assigned some officials to compile statistics on the work. And. He said that if there is a gas station that does not have the correct technical standards, the first step is to educate.
He said: "The task is that we have to cooperate with the relevant departments to guide or make a contract, as well as advise them to keep Put it right according to the technical specifications. He said that after the education and guidance, if they still refuse to change or check that there is still a technical error, then action will be taken. Other than that.
Mr. Hem Darith, Governor of Por Sen Chey District, said: “When we find that the gas station is not technically correct, we first have to work. "Educate and give him time to move to a suitable location and easy to extinguish if there is a risk." Mr. Darith said that there were no serious problems until the class closed immediately. The people who sell gas have cooperated well with the authorities.
Mr. Chea Ra, a gas station attendant around Lum Road, Sangkat Kakap, Khan Por Sen Chey, supported this move. He said that this is a good way to make it safe for the general public, especially the gas station.
The man said: "The gas that I sell to them is also received from the depot, so if they put the type Wherever we go, we have to accept that. So I hope the new action of the authorities makes it easier for me to get a standard quality gas tank without worrying about Various risks that may occur.
Ra stated that at the gas station, it is not easy for an explosion to occur unless there is negligence. Neglected that some people add gas gradually, smoke slowly, or those who do not have the technology to go through the course.
Another seller and refueler in Sangkat Kraing Thnong, Khan Sen Sok, Mr. Seng Hak told the Post that the gas storage space must have enough space. Store in a closed place. Because it can cause various risks can occur because the gas reacts with the fire.
He said: "Some of the smallest gas stations that do not have the technology, he sells secretly because he is afraid of being known and some others "Keep the gas tank in a small room for fear it will explode in the sun."
He added that in fact, the best gas tank is stored in a large space, even in the sun, it does not cause No explosions or other risks occur. On the other hand, large gas cylinders often have an automatic shut-off valve when the gas leaks. With nearly 20 years of experience in selling gas, Mr. Hak noted that some non-technical gas sellers are engaged in the business of selling. I did not learn to know gas.
The gas seller said: "Some people see it, want to find it, do not have the skills to sell, do not know that the gas is provocative Because okay. At first, as long as they see that they are selling out, they are always selling at small gas stations. ”
Mr. Chheng Sokny, a gas salesman in Sleng Roleung village, Sangkat Teuk Thla, Khan Sen Sok, said that the gas station should not be confused with other things. . If gas is sold, it is said that when the gas is mixed, it can cause various risks such as explosion.
“I noticed that the gas station where the explosion occurred was due to improper storage of gas. "Some people sell gas, market and repair fans, which makes it easier to risk."
On the evening of Saturday, July 18, a gas station was located along Sweet Cucumber Road, Sangkat Phsar Thmei 3, Phnom Penh. A gas tank explosion killed four people and injured five others. The cause of the explosion was due to improper welding of the gas tank, which caused the gas tank to explode and create a fire. This is according to the competent authorities.