Photograph: Pha Lina / Phnom Penh Post About 80 Cintri employees continued their protest in front of the company and requested the intervention of Prime Minister Hun Sen in the case of company bosses. Stop them more than 100 without proper compensation after protests since early January have not been resolved.

In early January, staff of Cintri, a former Phnom Penh monopoly garbage pickup company, erupted in protest and continued protests. After that, the owner of the company immediately announced that they would stop and not provide proper compensation.

Nant Bun Tha, a staff member at the protest, told the Post yesterday that all staff had renewed their protest in front of the company. # 442D Monivong Blvd, Sangkat Tonle Basac, Khan Chamkar Morn since Monday.

From the initial protests, so far, the company has not offered an acceptable solution to all employees, he said Attempted to seek the intervention of several relevant institutions.

“We want two points: 100% salary and full-time salary To comply with labor laws. On the other hand, we would like to work for a company founded by City Hall instead of the old one. ”

Mr. Nhek Bun claimed that the protest was renewed by all staff, asking for Prime Minister Hun Sen's help, but after the petition since So far no resolution has been issued. So all staff took a stand in protest until the resolution.

“We are still going on strike to ask him to come forward because we do not want to protest on a hot summer day. No, there were some who were nervous, but no one came forward. "The prince declared that we will not be unemployed. I hope to get a solution soon."

On October 22, Prime Minister Hun Sen finalized a contract with the Sin Trash garbage company, giving his rights to City Hall Phnom Penh was the holder instead until the auction was made to regain the right to recycle.

Sin Trang's president, Seng Savy, could not be reached for comment because his phone was unavailable. Meas Pheakdey, spokesman for the Phnom Penh Municipality, could not be reached for comment.

Kong Chamroeun, petitioner of Prime Minister Hun Sen's cabinet, told the Post on January 29 that he had sent a petition by Cintri staff. Superiors to review these requests.

“Got it and send it in but have not heard how. As for actions and measures, I don't know. Because they have not received the same information, the results have not been officially announced. ”

Moeun Tola, executive director of the Coalition for Labor and Human Rights, said that in this case, if the company provided the proper compensation to the workers, the dispute would be soon. Stopped. According to the Labor Law, companies must obey, and in case of non-compliance, relevant authorities, especially the Ministry of Labor, must intervene promptly. No one should continue to lengthen like this.

“I call on the authorities to try to resolve them as soon as possible so that these funds can be resolved Livelihoods get new jobs because if they continue to protest, it will hurt both the citizens and the institutions themselves »៕