Ou Vandin, spokesman for the Ministry of Health, said that as of June 12, 2020, there had been 41 alcohol poisoning cases in Banteay Meanchey province and seven deaths.
On June 7-9, 2020, there was a case of poisoning of the brand name "Tang Kui" brand alcohol in Mongkol Borey district, Malai district and Poipet town in Banteay Meanchey province.
"I would like to inform you that in case of poisoning of brandy alcohol in Cheng Kue in Malai district, Poipet City, Banteay Meanchey, by June 12," Ms. Van Vandin said in a Telegraph Group afternoon. By 2020, at 5 pm, there are 41 cases of nausea poisoning, three women and seven fatalities are men, and 34 are hospitalized.
She said that for the 34 inpatients, nine were at Mongkol Borey Hospital, 16 Poipet referrals and two in Siem Reap, and seven inpatients. On the other hand, patients undergoing dialysis at Siem Reap Hospital are in excellent condition.
Currently, the Banteay Meanchey Provincial Health Department's response team is continuing to educate people about the health issues, she said, calling on Cambodians not to drink alcohol without a clear source.
It should be recalled that on June 11, the Banteay Meanchey Provincial Administration informed pharmacists to suspend the sale of the brand name Cheng Tang Kia in all markets and homes in the province until the notification. Official from the provincial administration ៕ By Eng Bucheng